Welcome!


 Welcome, everyone, my name is Marisol Rodriguez and I will be sharing current news on the relationship between immigrants, politics, and mass media. What is the first thing that comes to mind when hearing the word "immigrants"? Let's take a moment to deeply reflect on that, on the meantime, my definition is: an immigrant is one who leaves his/her origin country to live in a foreign one. For the past few years, many topics about immigrants and politics have circulated through different media platforms. Some of these topics were positive while the majority were negative. This blog will focus on deeply discussing and analyzing "news" about the effect that politics and mass media have on immigrants. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hi, Marisol. It’s so nice to meet you. I love your plan for your blog. Being a child of immigrants, your theme deeply resonates with me. Your definition of an immigrant is extremely interesting to me. I was born and raised in the United States to Libyan parents, so to most people I say I’m Libyan. Despite my parents both being fully Libyan, I have never spent more than 6 months at a time in Libya. By your definition, I would be considered an immigrant in Libya. And yet in the United States, I get asked “where are you really from?” more often than not. I don’t think my experience is unique in any way. If anything I tell the story of many children of immigrants in the United States. We live a constant battle of being too foreign for here, yet too foreign for there. I would love to see a post touching on this phenomenon. Looking forward to your posts for the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Borders should shut down and immigration laws should be fixed!

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS IMMIGRATION CRISIS?

Where does the Latinx community stand when it comes to voting?